Office of the Police & Crime Commissioner
Message Type Icon

Have your say on the policing budget in Bedfordshire for 2024/25

The Police and Crime Commissioner (PCC) for Bedfordshire is consulting with residents on the police precept for 2024-25. Did you know that around 60% of funding for Bedfordshire Police comes from Central Government and the remaining 40% comes from police precept?


Police precept is the money local residents pay as part of the annual council tax to help cover costs of policing, community safety and services to support victims of crime.


The proposal includes focus on key areas such as:


▶️ Retail Crime

▶️ Force Control Room

▶️ Crime Prevention

▶️ Offender Management

▶️ Speeding


Your feedback will be used to inform the PCC’s discussions with the Chief Constable in agreeing the precept with the Police and Crime Panel.


Have your say: https://orlo.uk/NUIKx

Read more: https://www.bedfordshire.pcc.police.uk/bedfordshire-pcc-consults-with-residents-about-police-precept-for-2024-25/ 


You can contact our office at: PCC@beds.police.uk 


Survey closes Friday 12 January 2024.

Reply to this message

Message Sent By
Bethany Coles
(OPCC, Compliance Officer, Bedfordshire)

Neighbourhood Alert Cyber Essentials